The CLA and Royal Isle of Wight Agricultural Society (RIWAS) are inviting nominations for this year’s Isle of Wight Rural Awards.
The 2023 award categories are:
- Rural Tourism Business of the Year
- Wight Marque Food Business of the Year
- Small Countryside Business of the Year (up to five employees)
- Countryside Business of the Year (six or more employees)
- Overall winner from the above four categories, receiving the Isle of Wight Rural Business of the Year award
- Rural Young Person of the Year (aged 26 and under)
- In addition there is a Lifetime Achievement Award.
Individuals and businesses can nominate or self-nominate until May 26, and we would encourage early applications.
The awards honour those who demonstrate success and achievement from all parts of the Island’s rural economy and celebrates the breadth and depth of the rural sector.
They will be presented at a drinks reception on the opening day of the Royal Isle of Wight County Show (Saturday, July 8).
CLA South East Regional Director Tim Bamford said: “We are delighted that these awards are returning once again as they celebrate the island's vibrant rural economy, which the CLA is proud to support.
“The nominations windows is only open for a short period so please get your applications in today.
“It’s been a busy and sometimes challenging year, and we look forward to recognising the innovative, dynamic people and businesses on the Isle of Wight.”
Graham Biss, Vice Chairman of RIWAS, said: “We hope to receive nominations from right across the island and would encourage everyone to nominate either themselves or those businesses or individuals who make the island so special."
Nomination forms can be downloaded from the RIWAS website here, or call the RIWAS Office on 01983 296244.