Based at Knightley, near Newport/Eccleshall, Staffordshire. ST20 0JW.
The Country Land and Business Association (CLA) has been championing the interests of rural England and Wales for over 100 years. We campaign to grow the rural economy, strengthen rural communities and provide a greener future for the next generation – all whilst providing a first class service to our members.
The Midlands team supports farmers, landowners and rural businesses in Cheshire, Derbyshire, Herefordshire, Leicestershire and Rutland, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Warwickshire and Worcestershire.
We are looking for an Events Coordinator to join our team who will organise, co-ordinate and administer events on behalf of CLA Midlands. The successful candidate will work closely with the Midlands team and be involved in securing commercial partnerships that will generate sponsorship to support the CLA events and activities throughout the year. Experience with running an extensive events programme would be beneficial but not essential.
Our presence at shows and exhibitions in the Midlands requires intensive attention by the role-holder, both in planning and preparation and in managing individual functions and events during the week of each event.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a key player in a small and flexible team at a pivotal time for the rural sector. The role will offer the opportunity to meet our interesting and diverse membership and lead on the delivery of a busy regional events calendar while also supporting the delivery of all CLA activities in the region and contributing to the wider team in London and across the six regions in England and Wales.
The successful candidate will be educated to the equivalent of school diploma/A level or professional equivalent and will demonstrate:
- First class organisational and administrative skills;
- High level of attention to detail;
- Exceptional customer service skills and great with people;
- Can work to multiple deadlines and in a pressured environment;
- Experience of event organisation is preferable;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a high level of computer literacy;
- Ability to administer online events such as webinars or similar experience in a digital environment;
- Willingness to travel and attend events predominantly in the Midlands but occasionally across England and Wales;
- Willing to work outside of core hours when required;
- Ability to work as part of a small team.
- Ensure that a forward schedule of appropriate social, technical, and professional events is planned and that all the relevant arrangements and notifications have been made.
- Organise venue, facilities and on-site arrangements for Branch AGMs and to maintain records of those attending and update Microsoft Dynamics after each event.
- Creating and administering online booking systems and website listings.
- Help in supporting the structure and themes of national events and provide support to both other regional teams and nationally when required, including the annual National Conference.
- In conjunction with the Director Midlands, identify, introduce and, if appropriate, conclude contractual arrangements with suitable corporate partners to the CLA, with the primary objective of securing financial and other support for the CLA Midlands Region, liaising as appropriate with the CLA’s National Events & Sponsorship Manager.
- Liaise with the Director Midlands, Regional Advisers, Regional Co-ordinator and Regional Communications Manager and other relevant staff to plan and make the necessary arrangements for a programme of technical, professional and CPD seminars.
- Liaise with the Director Midlands and appropriate staff to plan and make the necessary arrangements for attendance at shows, exhibitions and conferences organised by third parties.
- Maintain complete and efficient records relating to each specific event and the overall regional programme.
- Forecast income and expenditure for each event and show.
- Support and contribute to all routine office duties, including telephone reception and membership retention work as appropriate.
- A full driving licence and a car is required as the position involves travel throughout the Midlands region.
Location, Team, and Working Arrangements
The role is based in Knightley, near Eccleshall in Staffordshire with two days a week of flexible working plus opportunities to travel across the Midlands to unique and special landscapes.
The office is a spacious and airy barn conversion and you will be working in a small, friendly team, who are very passionate about the organisation and rural affairs in general as well as being part of the CLA’s supportive team of over one hundred highly motivated individuals across England and Wales.
What we can offer
The CLA offers its staff a large number of benefits which include;
- Enrolment into an excellent pension scheme, offering Employers contribution of up to 10% of salary
- Minimum 24 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Work place benefits such as Cycle to Work Scheme and Payroll Giving
- Access to an online wellness portal, including Employees Assistance Programme
- Discount offers at over 800 retailers
- Access to a private 24 hour GP service
The Application Process
We would love to hear from applicants from a wide range of career backgrounds and experience: we believe that greater diversity can only strengthen us as a team.
To apply please send a covering letter, setting out how you meet the criteria, include your current remuneration and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 10th January 2022.
First stage interviews are planned for Thursday 20th January and Friday 21st January.