The CLA (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, that you provide to us or that we may receive from others about you will be processed by us when you visit http://www.cla.org.uk/ (“our site”). Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By becoming a member of the CLA and ticking the relevant boxes you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
What Information do we gather?
We value your privacy and you can visit http://www.cla.org.uk/ (“our site”) without revealing any information about yourself. There are sections of our site where you are asked to provide personal information. It is up to you whether or not you provide this information.
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our services, search for a product, place an order on our site, or enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site.
Information we may request from you:
The information we may request from you includes details such as:
- your name, mailing address, email address, telephone number,
- your preferences in relation to services offered on our site,
- your responses to competitions, promotions or surveys.
We may also ask for other information to help us to analyse and develop our marketing strategy and to help us to improve the site and our communications and service to you.
Other Information we collect about you.
When you visit our site we may also automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
How we use your information
We will use your information for the purposes that you would reasonably anticipate or that we have told you. We may also use information held about you for the following purposes:
- to help administer our site, and to contact you about the improved administration of any accounts, services and products we have provided before, or provide now or in the future;
- to notify you about any changes to our site;
- for the purposes of internal record keeping;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to allow us to follow up on any requests for further information that you may have;
- to provide you with information, products and services that you request;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services that may be of interest to you;
- to improve the products and services offered to you (including our site);
- to carry out troubleshooting, data analysis, marketing research, customer profiling and to create statistical information for marketing and other purposes;
- to measure or inform our understanding the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and other users, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to allow you to participate in the interactive features of our site, where you choose to do so;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the CLA, our customers, or others.
We may monitor and/or record out communications with you for quality assurance and compliance reasons.
Sharing your information with outside parties
We may allow others access to personal information we hold about you:
- as part of the process of selling or buying any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if the CLA or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we are making arrangements on your behalf we may need to pass your information to selected parties to conclude these arrangements. For example to an insurance company to obtain insurance quotes.
We may combine information we receive about you from other sources with information you give us and information we collect from you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above.
We may permit selected partners to contact you in any way (including mail, email or telephone) to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. Where we permit selected partners to use your data, we (or they) will contact you only if you have consented to this.A list of our current selected partners can be found on our website: http://www.cla.org.uk/
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [firstname.lastname@example.org].
How we keep you information secure
We are committed to protecting the quality and integrity of your personal information. Exactly who sees your personal data depends on the context in which you provided it and the marketing preferences you have specified. Any person we permit to access your personal data information is required to treat this information as confidential. We have implemented appropriate physical, technical and managerial procedures to maintain information that is accurate, current, secure and complete.
Your personal data may be processed outside the European Economic Area (EEA), including in the United States, where privacy laws may not provide the same protection as in the United Kingdom. Before any such processing takes place we will take steps to ensure that your personal data will be adequately protected as required by the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”).
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
You may correct, update and/or delete any personally-identifiable information that you submitted to our site. You may also unsubscribe any mailing lists of registrations on our site. To do so send us an email to email@example.com
Links to Third Party Sites
The CLA is not responsible for the content or privacy policies of external web sites.
If you have any questions or concerns over this statement please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org