Create a 30 second long video showing how you’re fighting climate change for a chance to win a cash prize and other prizes including a case of English wine and 2 tickets to the CLA’s Annual Conference.
With COP26 just around the corner, public debate is once again turning its attention to climate change.
We know that CLA members are often heavily impacted by the extreme weather we’ve been having in recent years, and are increasingly worried about the impact climate change is having on their ability to run their businesses. We know too however that CLA members play a major role in the fight to stop climate change worsening further still.
We are determined to help you tell the world your story.
All you need is a camera phone, a good story and a bit of flair. Perhaps you are planting trees and hedgerows, or helping to restore peatland? Maybe you’re using new techniques to manage your soil? Maybe you’ve installed new renewable energy systems or are working hard to reduce the environmental impact of a new building project. Whatever you are doing to help mitigate climate change, we want to know about it.
Not only could your entry win prizes, but it could be shown across the CLA’s social media channels and at the CLA’s annual conference in December.
How to enter
Once you’re happy with your entry, simply text or Whatsapp the video to 07736 522693. Make sure you also tell us your social media handles too.
You should also post your entry on your own social media channels, tagging in the CLA and using the hashtag #clacop26.
Got any questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hints and tips
Your video or reel should last no more than 30 seconds and should be shot in portrait mode (with your phone held vertically, not horizontally).
Perhaps you know someone who is a dab hand on Instagram or TikTok? Ask them to help with the filming and editing.
Introduce yourself (perhaps your name and roughly where you live) and get straight into your story telling. What are you doing? Why does it matter? What will the benefit be? Be concise but engaging!
Think about the visuals; this is your chance to be a cinematographer! Don’t be afraid to show off your land and buildings in all their glory.
When you talk, try to make sure the wind isn’t blowing too much (as it might mean we won’t be able to hear you!). Be energetic and clear.
You might want to take the video as a selfie or have someone film you. You might want to take the whole video in one take or do several short scenes and edit them together. You might even want to use captions with written texts.
There are lots of great apps you can download on to your phone that might help you – iMovie is already installed on most iPhones, whilst apps such as InShot and Quik are widely used.
Prizes and closing dates
The best entrant will receive a £250 cash prize and tickets to the CLA’s Annual Conference in December entitled “The Road to Net Zero". 2 Runner Ups will receive a case of English wine each.
Entries will be judged by a team of CLA officers and senior staff.
The closing date for all entries is the 30th October.
Terms and conditions
- The competition is open to all farmers, land managers and rural business owners
- Videos should be new (i.e. not published previously)
- Entrants must not enter someone else's images as their own
- The video copyright will remain with the entrant. By submitting a video to The Country Land and Business Association (the CLA), the entrant is giving the CLA the right to use the videos royalty free in its publicity material and in digital media such as social media, email newsletters and on websites. The entrant will be credited wherever possible
- The prizes will be awarded by a panel of judges appointed by the Director of External Affairs. Their decision is final.
- Details about the winners and their entries will be used by the Country Land and Business Association (the CLA) for promotional purposes
- No alternatives are available instead of the stated prizes
- CLA staff, their partners and families are welcome to submit videos to the competition, but they will not be eligible to receive the prizes