If you have at least half an acre of land, The Camping and Caravanning Club’s team of experts can help you set up a campsite without the need for planning permission or a site licence, thanks to the company’s special exemptions from Natural England.
With over 50 years of helping landowners set up their own campsites, the Club’s process is simple and easy. Once up and running, your campsite is made available to Club members, which currently stands at over 720,000.
Camping and staycations have never been so popular, and there’s never been a better time to make the most of your land.
A ‘Certificated Site’ can accommodate up to five caravans or motorhomes and 10 tents for a maximum of 28 consecutive days at any one time, and you can determine what site fees you’d like to charge - these are then yours to keep, The Camping and Caravanning Club does not take a cut.
As a Certificated Site owner, you receive:
- Step-by-step guidance from the application to the set-up of your campsite
- A listing on our online campsite directory: SiteSeeker.co.uk
- Inclusion in our biennial printed campsite guide SiteSeeker, which is available to all of our members
- A site entrance sign
- All legal operating documents
- Annual pre-arranged visits from our site officers
- Access to unlimited ongoing help and support from our dedicated team of specialists
- Digital membership with the Club - giving you access to all member-exclusive perks and discounts
Your marketing is also taken care of too. In addition to listings in the company’s printed and online campsite directories, Certificated Sites are advertised across everything from the Club’s social media channels, to its award-winning magazine and popular newsletter emails - putting your campsite in front of hundreds of thousands of avid campers.
As camping on Certificated Sites is exclusively for members of The Camping and Caravanning Club, we like to promote this network on a national level and find that many people join our club just to camp on these sites.
To find out more on how the Club can help you make the most of your land, visit setupasite.co.uk
[…] it’s enabled me to stay at home and look after my family whilst still working […] I would recommend it.
Manor Farm, East Riding of Yorkshire
The application process was really quick, we applied online and within six weeks we’d got approval.
North Cottage, West Yorkshire