The transition period between the UK and the EU will ended on 31 December 2020. Arrangements for the trade in organic food and feed after transition will change. This briefing note provides rural business owners with a detailed framework for the steps which will need to be taken and where you can find more information relating to organic food and trading arrangements after transition and has been independently compiled by CLA experts.
- The importance of the organic sector;
- Rules from 1 January 2021;
- The use of organic logos;
- Exporting and importing organic food and feed to the EU and non-EU countries;
- The implications of the changes for organic producers.
Of course, the decision about what actions to take will be unique to every businesses’ needs. This guidance is not intended to make a judgement on the specific activities you should be undertaking, or about the longer-term effects of the UK’s exit from the EU.