The rules regarding the import and export and the marketing standards for horticultural products (fruit and vegetables, hops and wine) have changed.
This briefing note provides rural business owners with a detailed framework for the steps which will need to be taken and where you can find more information relating to the trade in horticultural products after transition and has been independently compiled by CLA experts.
- Import arrangements for fruit and vegetables from the EU;
- Export arrangements for fruit and vegetables to the EU;
- The Approved Trader Scheme;
- Trading arrangements with non-EU countries;
- Importing and exporting hops and hop products;
- Importing and exporting wine.
Of course, the decision about what actions to take will be unique to every businesses’ needs. This guidance is not intended to make a judgement on the specific activities you should be undertaking, or about the longer-term effects of the UK’s exit from the EU.