Arrangements for animals and animal products have changed as a result of Brexit.
This briefing note provides rural business owners with a detailed framework for the steps which will need to be taken and where you can find more information relating to the export of animals and animal products and has been independently compiled by CLA experts.
- Registering as an exporter of animals and animal products;
- Export Health Certificates (EHCs);
- Exports to non-EU countries;
- Exports to EU countries;
- Border Control Posts (BCPs);
- Rejected goods;
- UK listing as a Third Country.
Of course, the decision about what actions to take will be unique to every businesses’ needs. This guidance is not intended to make a judgement on the specific activities you should be undertaking, or about the longer-term effects of the UK’s exit from the EU.