The CLA North team, working with our national team, will be hosting a series of roadshows over two days on 9 and 10 March.
The aim of the roadshows will be to provide clear advice and information on the agricultural transition to support all our members in their response to changes in agricultural, environmental and climate policy, regulation, markets and other opportunities. The planned events will be geared to our members with medium to smaller sized farms.
Each event will bring you:
- an overview of the changes in farming policy;
- discussions on the challenges and new opportunities; and
- an opportunity to talk to specialists on the different options for your business
These sessions will move beyond just giving the latest information from Defra and will allow more tailored discussions with experts so you can start thinking about what the changes means for your business and how you can best prepare for the future.
We will be joined by one of the following advisers:
- Susan Twinning, CLA Chief Land Use Policy Adviser
- Cameron Hughes, CLA Land Use Policy Adviser
For an in depth understanding of the Agricultural Transition we have recorded a webinar which can be watched on demand prior to attending the event. We envisage these presentational workshops to last around 2 hours each, providing attendants with ample opportunity for questions to be answered.
All of the North’s sub-regions will be covered as follows – click on the relevant venue-link to register:
- 9 March (Yorkshire and the North East)
- 10 March (Cumbria and Lancashire)
Please note, that this event may move to an online webinar, depending on Government COVID guidance.
Members with any enquiries can contact the CLA North by telephoning Olivia Skeoch on 01748 90 7070.