The CLA North team will be out in force at this year’s Westmorland County Show which will be held over two days on Wednesday 7 and Thursday 8 September. Members are welcome to join us for refreshments such as tea, coffee or a glass of wine. Special guest on the stand will be CLA Vice President Gavin Lane.
Planned activities at the CLA's stand include:
Wednesday 7 September
- 9am, an informal breakfast gathering to explore opportunities for landowners who want to capitalise on carbon. The continental breakfast, is supported by Carbon Metrics, who will also have representatives at the stand to talk through landowner options. Registration for this event is required for catering purposes - follow this link to register your attendance.
- 10.30am - 12.30pm, an informal drop-in session for members keen to share their views on the future of farming in the uplands, and ensure their voice is heard. Representatives from Defra’s Farming Programme will be on hand to hear what farmers think about the importance of community and heritage in the uplands, as well as how they would like to see the uplands farmed and managed in the future.
- 10.30am - 12.30pm, an informal drop-in session for members interested in woodland creation and forestry. On hand will be expert representatives from the Forestry Commission's North West team giving information and advice on farmers' utilisation of the ELM Scheme, and highlighting options for landowners in helping them integrate woodland into their farming operations.
- 3pm, a drinks reception will be held at the CLA stand with special guest, CLA Vice President, Gavin Lane. Non-members are also welcome to attend to learn more about the excellent value for money CLA membership can bring.
Thursday 8 September
- The CLA North rural advisers will facilitate drop-in sessions for members requiring specific advice on any landowning issue. On hand will be Rural Surveyor Robert Frewen, and CLA Rural Advisers Jane Harrison and Libby Bateman.
The venue is Crooklands, Milnthorpe, LA7 7NH, just off J36 of the M6.
To book tickets for this show, and for more information, visit www.westmorlandshow.co.uk/