The Farm Herefordshire partnership is seeking a co-ordinator to oversee delivery by its partners. The co-ordinator will be hosted and managed by Herefordshire Rural Hub.
The role requires a self-employed individual to work 2.5 days/week (0.5 FTE).
Remuneration is £24,375 plus travel (reimbursed at 0.45p/mile).
The role will involve a combination of home, office and on site working.
The role, managed by Herefordshire Rural Hub, will run for an initial period of 1 year with the expectation of extension beyond that period.
Farm Herefordshire (FH) is a strong partnership of local organisations who are committed to delivering the required reductions in diffuse pollution levels as outlined in the River Wye and Lugg Nutrient Management Plan (NMP). The partnership promotes land management practices that result in profitable farms, healthy soils and clean water.
- To ensure the ambitious objectives of the partnership are delivered we are seeking a dynamic self-starter to take on the role of coordinator. The coordinator will:
- Ensure that the Partnership is supported in its collaborative working, and is communicating effectively and regularly both internally and externally.
- Work with the Chairperson and partners to agree what and how FH activity is reported to the NMP Board and other local partnerships.
- Facilitate steering group meetings of FH representatives; including collating actions and working with partners to secure delivery.
- Work closely with the partners to co-ordinate & co deliver on-farm knowledge transfer events. Ensuring FH is delivering effectively across the county and different farming sectors.
- Liaise with the network of farm advisers to ensure that delivery takes place in a joined up manner, maximising the opportunities to promote and monitor the agreed key messages.
- Ensure partner activity is aligned with and inclusive of relevant research & disseminated through delivery to steer knowledge transfer.
- Manage communications & promotion including social media
- Maintain records of engagement to enable effective reporting and evaluation.
- Support and manage budgets to ensure accurate reporting and claim submissions to funders.
- Support the steering group in identifying and bidding for additional funding as required.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills within a range of group sizes and settings
- A broad understanding of farming and land management
- Ability to communicate to a range of stakeholders, adapting language as appropriate to the audience e.g. farmers, farm advisers, Councillors, strategic partners
- Good understanding of Herefordshire and its farming sectors
- Self-motivated with a firm focus on achieving required objectives
- Ability to manage own work load
- Able to work both independently and within a team
- Experience of managing budgets and reporting financial information
- Valid driving licence and own transport
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including week-ends and evenings, as required
- Previous experience of project management
- Competent IT skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and email)
- Social media and comms skills
- Experience of database management
- Experience of evaluation
Candidates to provide a letter of application supported by a CV. Please include details of two referees who may be contacted in the event of short listing for an interview.
Applications to be submitted to Hub@herefordshireruralhub.co.uk
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Tuesday 22nd February 2022.
For further information or an informal chat about the role please email/call:
Cathy Meredith Tel: 07970181628