A prestigious New Forest awards scheme is seeking innovative buildings within agricultural holdings to promote good design in the National Park.
If you are an owner or designer of a building within an agricultural holding, such as a farmhouse, outbuilding or barn, you could be eligible to receive this award at the New Forest Show in July 2014.
This category is part of the CLA and National Park Authority Awards, which seek to reward those making an exceptional contribution to the unique landscape, way of life and rural economy of the New Forest.
You can nominate your own building, or that of a friend, family member or colleague, anytime between now and 20 June. The nominees will be judged by a panel of experts and those lucky enough to reach the final stage will find out if they have won at this summer’s awards ceremony, held at the New Forest Show on 30 July.
We’d love to hear from you if you are an owner or designer of a building in an agricultural holding that fits the following criteria:
- Sits well within its surroundings and in relation to existing buildings in the area
- Uses sympathetic building materials that allow the building to blend in and reflect local building styles
- Supports a business or individual involved in the rural economy of the New Forest.
Nominations can be made by emailing the nominee’s details and a supporting statement of 250 words maximum to firstname.lastname@example.org. Self-nominations are permitted.
To request a paper copy of the nomination form please phone 01590 646650.
Rules and regulations:
- You may nominate yourself
- CLA and New Forest National Park Authority staff and their immediate family are not eligible to enter these awards
- Nominated buildings must be within the New Forest District boundary, the Wiltshire section of the National Park or the New Forest Marque boundary (www.newforestnpa.gov.uk/marqueboundary)
- Buildings must have been constructed or converted since 1 April 2005
- If you are shortlisted you must be available to attend the awards ceremony on 30 July at the New Forest Show
- You must be 18 years or older to enter
- Nominations will be accepted until 5pm on 20 June 2014
- A shortlist will be drawn up by New Forest National Park Authority and CLA staff and shortlisted nominees will then be judged by panels of representatives from local organisations. Judging of each nominee will take no longer than half a day.