Bill Blumsom has been appointed as the new Coordinator for Link2Nature, the Wiltshire and Swindon Local Nature Partnership.
Since taking up the role one of his tasks has been to complete activities in preparation for the launch of the Small Grants Fund and Link2Nature has now announced the launch of a small grants fund kindly supported by Public Health Wiltshire to award to local community groups.
The aim of the fund is to enable local groups to record and communicate their work to improve their local environment. The funds will assist groups in a number of ways including to:
- record and communicate their work to a wider audience;
- engage directly with the wider partnership of Link2Nature;
- contribute to building an evidence base which can be used for future planning.
Examples of projects which can be considered:
- Setting up walking, cycling or other activity groups which utilise local green space for health benefits.
- Setting up or supporting an existing survey/recording group which will provide biological records to the Wiltshire and Swindon Biological Records Centre (WSBRC).
- An event which raises awareness of the work of the group and Link2Nature.
- Equipment for enhancing the local environment e.g. wildlife gardens / community allotments / litter or waste event or activities.
- Setting up a local environment action group
-Purchasing video or camera equipment to help document, record and promote the activities of a local group.
We are now inviting local groups who believe they may be eligible for a small grant from the fund to send in applications. The fund will be open until the 31st December 2013 or until all funds have been issued as grants whichever sooner. We envisage processing applications within 4-6 weeks of receipt wherever possible. We would be grateful if you could ensure that any community leaders or representatives of local groups are made aware of the fund via the Link2Nature website. The link to the Link2Nature website is http://www.link2nature.org.uk/
If you have any queries about the Small Grants Fund or your Local Nature Partnership, Link2Nature please feel free to contact Bill at:
Wiltshire and Swindon Local Nature Partnership Coordinator
Wiltshire WildlifeTrust | Elm Tree Court | Long Street | Devizes | Wiltshire | SN10 1NJ
Direct Line: 01380 736095