THE 10TH ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Chairman: Ross Murray
Meeting Date: 10 November 2016
Paper No: AGM001/Nov16
OFFICERS 2015 – 2016
President: Ross Murray DL MRICS
Deputy President: Tim Breitmeyer
Vice President: Mark Bridgeman
(Ex Officio members of Policy Committee)
Henry Robinson DL, BA (Oxon)
Harry Cotterell OBE
Sir William Worsley Bt DL, FRICS
Sir Henry Aubrey-Fletcher Bt
E David Fursdon DL, MA (Oxon), FRICS, FAAV
Chairman and Deputy President: Tim Breitmeyer
Michael Fetherston-Dilke DL
Elected members of the Board
National Committee Chairmen
Simon Dixon Smith
Nationally Elected Members
Dr Yvonne Ball
Edward Bolitho OBE
Mrs Sarah Callander-Beckett
Sir Richard FitzHerbert Bt
Marquess of Hertford
Mrs Judith Norris
Regionally Elected Members
David Wynne Finch
Trevor Chaytor Norris
Lord David Johnstone
The 10th Annual General Meeting of the Country Land & Business Association Limited will be held in the Council Chamber, Kensington Town Hall, Hornton Street, London W8 7NX on Thursday 10 November 2016, immediately following the Council meeting or at 12.30pm, whichever is later.
- To confirm the Minutes of the 9th Annual General Meeting of the Country Land and Business Association Limited held on 12 November 2015.
- Apologies for absence.
- To propose the election of the President for the ensuing year.
- To propose the election of the Deputy President for the ensuing year.
- To propose the election of the Vice President for the ensuing year.
- To propose the election of the Chairman of the Audit & Risk Committee for the ensuing year.
- To elect new members to the Board for the ensuing three years
- To appoint Auditors for the ensuing year.
- To announce the names of the Nominated Members of Council for the ensuing year.
- To approve Accounts to 30 November 2015 (published in the August issue of Land & Business magazine).
- Any other business*
* Any matters to be raised under Any other business should be submitted in writing to CLA Director General Helen Woolley by 28 October 2016
Minutes of the 9th Annual General Meeting of the Country Land and Business Association Ltd, held in the Council Chamber, Kensington Town Hall, Hornton Street, London W8 7NX on 12 November 2015.
The President, Mr Henry Robinson, in the Chair.
1. The minutes of the Annual General Meeting (AGM) held on 13 November 2014 were confirmed.
2. The President announced that 17 apologies had been received for the AGM.
Appointment of Officers
3. The election of the President was proposed by Roger Plowden and seconded by David Wynne-Finch. Mr Ross Murray was duly elected President for the ensuing year.
4. The election of the Deputy President was proposed by James Miles-Hobbs and seconded by John Strawson. Mr Tim Breitmeyer was duly elected Deputy President for the ensuing year.
5. The election of Vice President was proposed by Alistair Cochrane and seconded by Mr Mark Tufnell. Mr Mark Bridgeman was duly elected Vice President for the ensuing year.
6. The election of the Chairman of Audit and Risk Committee was proposed by Mr Paul Rice and seconded by The Marquess of Hertford. Mr Michael Fetherston-Dilke was duly elected for the ensuing year.
Appointment of New Members to the Board
7. The election of Mr Andrew Grant, William Fox and Alexander Dickinson (from April 2016) to the Board was proposed by Mr Ross Murray and seconded by Mr Tim Breitmeyer.
8. The proposed Directors of the Board approved by Council at its meeting on 12 November 2015 were appointed for the ensuing year.
Appointment of Auditors
9. The appointment of the Auditors (Saffrey Champness) was proposed by Mr Michael Scott and seconded by Mr Tim Breitmeyer for the ensuing year.
Nominated Members of Council
10. Mr Henry Robinson announced the names of the Nominated Members of Council, approved by Council at its meeting of 12 November 2015, namely:
Sir Henry Aubrey-Fletcher Bt (Chairman, CLA Charitable Trust),
Mr Peter Nixon (National Trust) and
Mr David Curtis (Chairman of ILG).
Mr Philip Merricks (Friends of the Countryside)
Approval of Accounts to 30 November 2014
11. Mr Henry Robinson, addressing the meeting, proposed the adoption of the accounts of the Association to 30 November 2014, approved by the Board on 20 May 2015 and reported at 12 November 2015 Council (published in the September issue of Land and Business Magazine) and seconded by Mr Ross Murray. These were adopted.
12. Any Other Business
No points were raised and the AGM meeting was closed.