This handbook deals with the legislation set out in Part 5 of the Localism Act 2011 and the Assets of Community Value (England) Regulations 2012. This legislation provides a local community with a right to identify buildings or other land that it believes to be of importance to the community’s wellbeing. The handbook explains the legislation and provides advice to landowners whose property may be listed as an asset of community value.
This handbook covers the following.
- General background to assets of community value
- What is land of community value?
- List of community assets and key exclusions
- Who can make a nomination?
- The community nomination process
- Selling assets of community value
- Disposals which are fully exempt from the moratorium period
- Listing review and right of appeal
- Compensation review and right of appeal
- Other practical points
To order this handbook:
telephone 020 7460 7969 - please have your membership and credit card numbers to hand;
go to the CLA online shop.
Price for members: £36 - Price for non-members: £136