Wiltshire residents, businesses and town and parish councils are being urged to sign up for online events to have their say on where future developments such as housing, infrastructure and land for employment, should be built, and how Wiltshire Council looks to tackle climate change through planning.
Wiltshire Council is holding these online engagement sessions instead of face-to-face meetings due to Covid-19 restrictions. THe meetings form part of the latest consultation into the Wiltshire Local Plan review, and offer a chance for people to find out more about the plans in their area, before submitting comments. The online consultation begins on Wednesday 13 January 2021 until 11:59pm on Tuesday 9 March 2021.
Each event relates to a particular settlement, and there are also two events for rural areas, which include all other Wiltshire villages and settlements that are not covered in the other 15 events. The online events will be held from 7pm-8pm on the dates shown:
- Planning for Calne, Monday 18 January
- Planning for Corsham, Tuesday 19 January
- Planning for Royal Wootton Bassett, Tuesday 19 January
- Planning for Chippenham, Wednesday 20 January
- Planning for Tidworth and Ludgershall, Wednesday 20 January
- Planning for Malmesbury, Thursday 21 January
- Planning for Amesbury, Thursday 21 January
- Planning for Marlborough, Monday 25 January
- Planning for Bradford on Avon, Monday 25 January
- Planning for Westbury, Tuesday 26 January
- Planning for Salisbury, Tuesday 26 January
- Planning for Devizes, Wednesday 27 January
- Planning for Trowbridge, Wednesday 27 January
- Planning for Melksham, Thursday 28 January
- Planning for Warminster, Thursday 28 January
- Planning for rural areas, Monday 1 February and Tuesday 2 February
Sign up for an event and to find out more, including supporting documents, see: Local Plan Review. People without access to the internet can call 0300 456 0100 to request physical copies of documents. After signing up, people will be sent a link to their chosen online meeting in advance of the meeting.