17 September 2019 (10am-4:00pm) at Lodge Farm, Markfield, LE67 9TB
CLA Members are invited to the National Forest’s first Forestry Forum on 17 September 2019 starting at 10:00am.
This will be a unique opportunity for Landowners, Contractors and Agents to get insight on grants, equipment and best practice for woodland management in the National Forest.
The aim of the Forestry Forum is to deliver:
- A progress update on how the NFC (National Forest Company) is doing and what we are developing going forward;
- Insight into the NFC views on woodland management, specifically first thinning;
- Lots of opportunity for networking with land owners, agents and contractors;
- Discussions to provide feedback to the NFC on our role in the future of the National Forest;
- Demonstration of woodland management equipment; and
- The National Forest Company Woodland Management Awards.
The day will be split between a morning and afternoon session with complimentary lunch included.
The morning session will be opened by John Everitt, National Forest Company Chief Executive followed by presentations from NFC Woodland Management Officer on what first thinning aims to achiece. CLA Midlands Rural Adviser Helen Dale will give detail on national grant options available to woodland owners. A biomass chipping machinery demonstration and site walk will be followed by lunch.
Detailed event information will be provided to attendees closer to the event.
The afternoon will focus on challenges and opportunities in the local forestry sector, with talks from the National Forest’s Woodland Business Advisor. The National Forest Woodland Management awards will be presented before the forum closes with an informative workshop discussion designed to allow your thoughts to be captured on How you see the National Forest developing and what is the National Forest Company’s role?.
The event is FREE but pre-registration is essential. Please contact Beverly Fairbrother at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01283 551211 by Friday 16th August 2019, giving the following information:
Your full name
Any dietary requirements
If you are bringing along a colleague, please include all of the above information for them too.