The CLA North team will be out in full force at this year’s Great Yorkshire Show from 12 to 15 July. Also in attendance will be the CLA’s Avril Roberts, Property and Business Adviser (Tuesday and Wednesday); Susan Twining, Chief Land Use Policy Adviser (Tuesday); and Jasmin McDermott, Editor of Land and Business magazine (Thursday).
STAND LOCATION: Stand 191, Avenue Q, west of the Main Ring
The regional CLA Insurance Team is delighted to be attending this year’s Great Yorkshire Show as part of the CLA stand. Members are welcome to drop by on the 12th, 13th and morning of the 14th July to discuss their insurance requirements with one of our experts and get relevant help and advice.
In addition, between 10am and 12pm on the 12th, 13th and 14th, the team will be holding an ‘insurance surgery’ in which members can book specific time slots to suit their schedule, and speak to a member of the team in more detail or to have a confidential discussion. If you would like to book an appointment in advance please e mail email@example.com
The CLA Healthcare team will be on the stand on the Thursday and Friday of the show. Their team of trusted advisers will be on hand to offer members independent and impartial advice - on both a personal/family and employer perspective.
- The CLA’s President Mark Tufnell will joining us on the Tuesday, when we will be hosting a President’s Breakfast for members (8am – 9.30am), generously sponsored by Savills. Speakers at this event include:
- CLA President Mark Tufnell speaking on levelling up the rural economy
- Jonathan Marsden, Defra's Head of SFI Standards, speaking on all things Sustainable Farming Incentive
- Molly Biddell from Savills’ research team who will speak on the topic of ‘sustainability in the rural sector’.
Members are welcome to attend this event early registration is encouraged as, due to catering, places at this event are limited. Members can register via the events section on our website – or directly www.bit.ly/39buaOv. Members and non-members who need additional help to register, can contact Olivia Skeoch by telephone 01748 907070.
- On the same day, the CLA will host a focus group with Tim Rycroft, AHDB CEO at the stand after lunch (2pm). Members interested in attending this small group event can contact Olivia Skeoch by telephoning 01748 90 7070.
- In the late afternoon on the Tuesday, the CLA, along with Savills and CLA Insurance will also be hosting a drinks reception at our stand (3.30pm). No registration required and all members are welcome to this event.
- On Wednesday 13 July, CLA Deputy President Victoria Vyvyan will be at our stand to deliver a talk on challenges faced by women in agriculture and to meet members all day. In addition Victoria will take part part in a CLA Women’s Network event featuring ‘Boots and Heels’ pair Becca Wilson and Lizzie McLaughlin, and kindly sponsored by YoungsRPS, where there will be a best dressed in boots and heels competition running from 11am to 1pm and a prize giving for the winner in the afternoon.
- There will be a Nuffield Farming Scholarship (Northern Group) drinks reception, generously sponsored by YoungsRPS, in the afternoon from 3.30pm – former scholars and future applicants are invited to attend this reception which will highlight scholars’ experiences whilst giving advice. Please register your interest to attend by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On Thursday and Friday we expect to welcome government officials and Members of Parliament to the CLA stand at various points during the day to discuss agricultural transition policy, business support and criminal activity in rural areas.
- Poppy Caterers will provide a two-course buffet sit-down lunch daily (£25) from 12noon till 2pm, as well as breakfast (£8.50) from 9 to 10am, with the exception of the President breakfast which will be served from 8am.
It is recommended that members purchase tickets to enter the Show sooner rather than later via the Show’s official website www.greatyorkshireshow.co.uk.
Special leaflets with discounts are available for farming families/businesses to apply for tickets for the GYS at the following outlets: Ripon Farm Services; Russells Group (Yorkshire outlets); BATA (Yorkshire stores); York Auction Centre; Bentham Auction Mart and all other Yorkshire Auction Marts.
Additional information will be communicated via a special Great Yorkshire Show email which will be sent out on 5 July.