Members may find useful the following notice of consultation by the Peak District National Park Authority
CONVERSION OF HISTORIC BUILDINGS SUPPLEMENTARY PLANNING DOCUMENT – CONSULTATION DRAFT
The Peak District National Park Authority’s Conversion of Historic Buildings SPD provides guidance for those interested in converting a historic building, which is a designated or non-designated heritage asset, to a new use. The guidance will help applicants to ensure that any new use proposal respects the original character, appearance and setting of the building.
The SPD advocates a staged approach to understanding the building and deciding upon appropriate new uses and design.
The SPD will be a material consideration in the planning application process and should be read in conjunction with National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) and National Planning Policy Guidance (NPPG) and the Peak District National Park Local Plan, in particular but not limited to, Core Strategy policies L1 and L3 and Development Management Policies (DMP) policies DMC5, DMC7 and DMC10.
In accordance with our Statement of Community Involvement, which has been temporarily updated to reflect COVID 19 guidance, we are undertaking an eight week formal consultation. We will not be putting any copies of the document on deposit. However, if you wish to view a paper copy we can provide one on request. Please contact the team to make arrangements (contact details below).
The consultation will be open from Monday 12 July to 5pm on Monday 6 September 2021.
All of the information relating to this matter can be found at:
We would be grateful for any comments you have in respect of the Conversion of Historic Buildings SPD, but in particular we would like feedback on:
- Does the SPD fulfil its aim of offering guidance for the conversion of buildings that are designated or non-designated heritage assets?
- Has the SPD been pitched at a level which is accessible to all those who need to use it?
- Do you think the six core principles are appropriate?
- Do you think the SPD offers sufficient flexibility in our approach to conversion within the six core principles?
- Does this SPD offer sufficient advice/examples for and illustrations of conversion to non-domestic use?
- Do you think the SPD is relevant to a range of project sizes and budgets, regardless of end use? (eg Affordable Housing)
For each of these please answer Yes or No and give the reason for your answer. Please also let us know if you have any other comments on the consultation document.
Please submit your comments by email to firstname.lastname@example.org