Location - flexible
The CLA is the membership organisation representing owners of land, property and over 250 different types of businesses in rural England and Wales. Our members own and manage over half the rural land in England and Wales; they operate businesses let agricultural, commercial and residential premises. It is a time of great change and we need to offer the best advice to our members and lobbying for their interests at all levels of Government in England and Wales.
We are seeking to appoint a Policy Adviser, an individual who can demonstrate a wide knowledge of rural business, property and housing policy, covering England and Wales. The role will be a key member of the CLA’s Policy and Advisory Directorate within the Property and Business Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for taking the lead in building our members strong reputation on delivering and managing rural housing. You will also need to contribute to our other work streams promoting the potential of the rural economy and be prepared to take the lead in other specific policy areas as well.
The policy and advisory areas covered by the Property and Business Team include planning, housing, rural business, tourism, historic environment infrastructure, tenancies, communications, compulsory purchase, minerals. There is also the need to work collaboratively with land use, legal, taxation, external affairs teams in London, our team in Cardiff and our 5 other regional teams.
The successful candidate, educated to degree level, will demonstrate:
- The ability to take the lead on housing policy and support other specific policy areas.
- The ability to undertake research, carry out analysis and provide commentary.
- An understanding of policy background and ability to build up key contacts.
- Their strength as a communicator, both verbally and in writing when dealing with strategists, civil servants, politicians, committees, individual members as well as the media and the wider public.
- A desire to support the development of policy across the wide portfolio of the Property and Business Team.
Please apply in writing, by email, explaining how you meet the criteria for the position together with a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrive no later than midday on Friday 28 June 2019