The CLA is the membership organisation for owners of land, property and businesses in rural England and Wales. Our members own or manage around half the rural land in England and Wales and more than 250 different types of businesses.
We are seeking to appoint a Housing Adviser who can demonstrate experience in housing policy and legislation, covering England and Wales . The role will be a key member of the CLA’s policy and advisory team, and the successful candidate will be responsible for promoting the CLA’s standing as a key provider and manager of rural housing.
The successful candidate, educated to degree level, will demonstrate:
- A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of housing policy and legislation as well as other matters relating to management and ownership of rural housing
- Have a working knowledge of policies for the delivery of new housing
- An understanding of Minimum Energy Efficiency legislation and other key lettings policies
- Knowledge of the Private Rented Sector and experience of working with and advising private landlords on their obligations.
- Self motivation and an ability to work on own initiative and take ownership of the policy portfolio
- Ability and confidence to communicate at a high level with a wide range of policy advisers, stakeholders and decision makers both in the UK
- Ability to advise, inform and update CLA members on relevant matters.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the key issues affecting rural land managers and businesses.
- Ability to make a compelling case both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work as part of a team, coordinating housing policy outputs
Please apply in writing, by email, explaining how you meet the criteria for the position together with a CV to email@example.com to arrive no later than 9am on Monday 4 February 2019.
First interviews are planned for Wednesday 13th March 2019