Whether you own two acres, twenty or two hundred, you need to know what your rights and responsibilities are for everything that happens on your land. You should also be aware of the various regulations that restrict your ability to use and enjoy your land as you would wish.
As the membership organisation for owners of land and property, CLA’s in-house advisory service offers members free professional advice. Typical member issues include:
- What rights does the public have over my land?
- When do I need a formal written agreement when renting out land for grazing?
- What are the pros and cons of living by a river?
- What are my rights as a landowner regarding my tenants?
- Who can clarify if I am receiving all my entitlements?
- What issues do I need to be aware of regarding country sports?
- How do I stop neighbours encroaching?
- What is the effect of the various environmental controls on my land?
- Who can help with drafting and understanding contracts?
- What rights do utility companies have to come on to my land?
- When do I need public liability insurance?
- What are my rights regarding compulsory purchase and how can I secure compensation?
- Who can help me resolve problems with my employees?
- How do nature conservation controls affect my land?
- What are my rating and council tax liabilities?
To receive your copy of the CLA's "Landowning Rights and Responsibilities" document, please enter your contact details into the following form: