Today (17 May) the Liberal Democrats have launched their election manifesto, which you can read in full here.
Some highlights from the manifesto include:
- Review Business Rates to reduce burdens on small firms, and make them the priority for any future business tax cuts
- Plant a tree for every UK citizen over the next 10 years, and protect remaining ancient woodlands.
- Suspend the use of neonicotinoids until proven that their use in agriculture does not harm bees or other pollinators
- £100 billion package of additional infrastructure investment
- Create at least 10 new garden cities in England
- Give tenants first refusal to buy the home they are renting from a landlord who decides to sell
- Drastically reduce the number of reserved subjects and prevent Westminster from being able to override Wales on devolved matters
- Maintain membership of the single market
- Ensure that future trade deals require high safety, environmental and animal welfare standards
- Rebalancing away from direct subsidy and refocusing support towards the public benefits that come from effective land management