This handbook deals with the coastal access provisions introduced under Part 9 of the Marine and Coastal Access Act 2009. These introduced a coastal path and associated coastal margin (“spreading room”) along the English coast.
The CLA opposed the introduction of these provisions and lobbied strongly against them resulting in changes being made to them.
This handbook takes account of the changes that have been made since the coastal access provisions were brought into effect. It is divided into two parts: the legislative basis; and the implementation of coastal access. The areas covered include:
- background to the legislation;
- overview of the provisions of the Marine and Coastal Access Act 2009;
- coastal access in Wales;
- the implementation process;
- components of English coastal access;
- issues for landowners to consider;
- the objection process;
- management of new coastal access rights;
- occupiers’ duties and liabilities under coastal access;
- future changes or developments.
To order this handbook:
telephone 020 7235 0511 - please have your membership and credit card numbers to hand;
write to CLA, 16 Belgrave Square, London, SW1X 8PQ enclosing a cheque made payable to CLA.
Price for members: £43 - Price for non-members: £143