Today (16 May) the Labour Party has published its manifesto for the 2017 General Election. You can read the manifesto in full here.
Some highlights from the manifesto include:
- Excluding small businesses from Making Tax Digital
- Introducing a package of reforms to business rates
- Delivering universal superfast broadband availability by 2022
- Stronger landlord energy efficiency regulations and re-establishing the Landlord energy Saving Allowance to encourage the uptake of efficiency measures
- Introducing controls on rent rises (inflation), more secure tenancies (3 years), landlord licensing and new consumer rights for renters.
- Securing continued EU market access for British farmers and food producers
- Ensuring Britain continues to set the highest standards in food quality and welfare.
- Committing that Brexit would not mean flooding the UK’s food market with cheaper imports.
- Reintroduce a Seasonal Agricultural Workers Scheme
- Reconfigure funds for farming and fishing to support smaller traders, local economies, community benefits and sustainable practices
Our full analysis of Labour’s manifesto will be published later this week as part of the CLA’s manifesto analysis.